background

Monday, February 27, 2012

Message in a bottle

Im always looking for neat ideas to put into care packages for my husband. I came across a message in a bottle idea using real glass bottles! Sending glass via helicopter to a ship is not really practical so I came up with this idea instead. I had my son make a picture and he added stickers and we then made one from my daughter (too little to color) and I made one reminding him of how proud I am of him.  We then rolled them up and prepared them for the plastic water bottles. 
Be sure that your bottles are dry inside and that the paper will fit into the bottles once the lid is on as well. We added a string to make the paper stay rolled up and to make it easier for him to pull out of the bottles. We think he will be surprised and love opening the bottles as opposed to an envelope! My son also loved making them for daddy and I didnt have to worry about him breaking any glass!

No comments:

Post a Comment