background

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Kodiak~Surfers Beach

We love exploring Kodiak but we don't get the opportunity very often. Matt is usually underway and I certainly don't feel comfortable walking thru the trails with the kids by my self (Bear territory). One place we have briefly explored was Psagashack. It's about 25 miles outside of the base down a mountainy twisty, windy road! So of course the first tie we went I got car sick! Well this weekend the weather was awesome and I decided to drive! We made it past Psagashack and found the very popular "Surfer's Beach". It was beautiful and well worth getting sick for-on the way back! lol I got to take some great pics!



We even noticed a small group of whales playing just behind the surf! I took some shots but they were too far off. This was the best one I got of two whales surfacing:
It is days like this one where I like living here and getting the opportunity to experience these things!


No comments:

Post a Comment