background

Friday, July 6, 2012

July 4th!!

This year was anything but a "normal" July 4th for us. Last year we were stuck on the ferry on our trip over to Kodiak and missed out on all the fun. I love July 4th its always HOT, sunny and a time to get together with family and friends and have pool parties, BBQ out and eat watermelon and ice cream then get together and watch fireworks in the cool dark evening. 
Alaska does it a little differently. It was rainy, 50 degrees and cool, and of course daylight till about 1 am!! So no fireworks!! I know not fair right. One of my friends even admitted to watching them on TV from NY City!!! I was appalled! lol oh well I guess this is the new norm~ Bundling up for the 4th and attempting to do fireworks from a cloudy, soggy beach and ordering pizza! lol 
We still remembered to be thankful for living in a FREE nation and remembered all those who helped to make it free and those that still work everyday to keep it that way. So I hope you had a great 4th. We are all healthy, happy and free! So no matter how you got to celebrate I hope you made the most of it and are thankful too! 
Image of my husbands ship the "Alex Haley" in Full dress for the 4th! 
God Bless America and God Bless our troops!

No comments:

Post a Comment