background

Monday, March 17, 2014

Surgery is never easy

Over the last few years I've tried a lot of things to get the weight off. Weight watchers, working out & Zumba just to name a few. Having surgery was never the route I wanted to choose but it decided to choose me. God gave me a peace and calmness about all of this that I never expected. I was more stressed about the logistics of getting to and from Kodiak and figuring out what to do with the kids while I had surgery in Anchorage.  I've been in the protective bubble of the hospital and heading off back into the real world seems a little bit daunting. But I know that with Gods strength I can do anything!! The most positive thing is that my blood sugar levels are around 85. Such a fast change for the best. I want to be around for my husband, for my kids and future grand kids. A verse I have often referenced throughout my life returns at this moment. Jeremiah 29:11. "For I know the plansi have for you declares The Lord, plans to prosper you to give you a hope and a future". Thank you Lord for every day and for this brighter future. 

1 comment:

  1. You are a huge encouragement and we pray for the peace to continue.

    ReplyDelete